Your view on MK? THB-Logo_zps46375582

Welcome to the home of The Hollow Brawlers, a clan focused on Super Smash Bros!

Members, please log in. If you're new, feel welcome to register and join us!
Your view on MK? THB-Logo_zps46375582

Welcome to the home of The Hollow Brawlers, a clan focused on Super Smash Bros!

Members, please log in. If you're new, feel welcome to register and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeChatroomLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Release Tournament (3DS) - Round 1 match ups have been posted! Check them out here! Updated(10/25/2014)
Character Champion - Fight for the title of Champion for your favorite characters here! Updated (10/6/2014)
Name Changes - Want to change your username? Visit the thread here! Updated 10/25/2014
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 637 on Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:06 pm
Release Tournament (3DS)
Tournament Winners
Turtle and Bryce Kold!
Public Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Contact info
Your view on MK? Icon_minitimeby STEVENDX Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:02 pm

» HIlife
Your view on MK? Icon_minitimeby Bryce Kold Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:00 pm

» I had returned
Your view on MK? Icon_minitimeby Bryce Kold Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:45 pm

» What Characters Do You Like?
Your view on MK? Icon_minitimeby Bryce Kold Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:56 am

» Name Change Requests
Your view on MK? Icon_minitimeby Jesus Fri May 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Top posters
Eggdude (3284)
Your view on MK? Vote_lcapYour view on MK? Voting_barYour view on MK? Vote_rcap 
~Killerobi170~ (2157)
Bryce Kold (2154)
Blayd (1919)
STEVENDX (1538)
fLoPpY (1268)
JV_Master (1221)
Miguel (1103)
2D_Terror (1041)
n10do_STAR (1040)

Your view on MK?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Your view on MK? Empty
PostYour view on MK?

As you all may know, I am the only MK user on the site. All I want to know is you guyses opinions on this so called "overpowered" character.

Your answer can't be:
"He's overpowered" - it's not MK that's overpowered, it's just the player that has SKILLS with him. Any character can be considered overpowered (except ganon [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
"He's top tier" - That's because he has the most tourney wins, best matchups, and has a really good moveset and moveset priority.

Or anything among those lines. Any character can be good.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Your view on MK? :: Comments

Blayd
Re: Your view on MK?
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:51 pm by Blayd
Ur not the only mk user on thb
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:54 pm by 2D_Terror
MK has no bad match ups, at all. At worse, it's even. This makes it difficult for any character to fight him. Common counters to MK are usually other top tier characters like Snake and Diddy. MKs range and speed, along with his incredible mobility makes him a very flexible character that has an answer to virtually any situation. Overall, a beatable character with some annoying qualities but you've got to brawl patiently and wait/create/bait for openings to deal some damage.

In my opinion.
JG95
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:57 pm by JG95
To be honest, I dont really mind MK that much. Yeah, he is top tier and has no bad matchups, but really, it's only that the player is good with him.
I main the 6th(?) top character, yet, I can still be beaten by some Ganons or even Links that I play, while beating some Snakes or even MKs. It's really up to the skill of the MK, if his/hers are better than the skill of your character.
If you lose, just john your heart out lol jk. Razz
I would use Mk more, but.... just brawl him and you'll see....
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:02 pm by 2D_Terror
I have fought MKs and I'll be honest, he's a freakin pain in the butt to fight but it's that challenge that makes it fun.
JG95
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 pm by JG95
Yeah, I'm not saying he's not a pain. It's just that it doesnt bug me if someone uses him.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:14 pm by 2D_Terror
Ah, I see now.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:17 pm by Guest
Don't worry HeAvY, MK is a cool character! You can use any moves you want. lol
ZERO
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:18 pm by ZERO
well many people "use" Meta Knight but heavy is the only one who "mains" him.

Same as with me and luigi but , .........turtle used to main him but due to disk error had to change.

Back on the subject people hate MK because well he just plain out does the same moves over and over. and can basically spam a move in any direction.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 pm by Guest
yeah, zero's right, i should have said "main" instead of "user" :/

and i get to spam movies? can i spam "Happy Gilmore"? i love that movie.....

nah jk, i know what you mean, but spammers are easy to beat, because they are easy to read, but MK spammers are not as easy to read :/ just cuz, well, what can i say, it's MK!
Eggdude
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 pm by Eggdude
Haha, I don't get mad for losing to a Metaknight, in fact, I blame myself for not being able to read his actions.

I think that Metaknight has an advantage over many characters.

Imagine this, if my Metaknight became as good as my Yoshi, and I somehow faught myself, chances are my Metaside would win. No, not because Metaknight is cheap, he just has the advantage. Since I am as good as myself, there is no comparing skill level because it's exactly the same, so then the only single factor that differs is the character we(I) use. And because Meta has more "umph" than Yoshi, and since both sides are equal in SL, Metaknight's extra "umph" would push the balance towards my Metaside.

lol confusing?
This got me thinking.
I think that Brawl has "tripping" because when you trip, it's pure luck, it's not determined by how good you are, or your advantage. So in theory, tripping isn't so bad, if the above situation happened, and my Metaself tripped, that "luck" would throw off Meta's "umph", and Yoshi would have an advantage, even for just a second. And we all know a second is all it takes to turn an entire match around.

Again, it is late, and I may just be babbling from exhaustion, don't mind me if this doesn't make sense. lol
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 am by Guest
Eggdude wrote:
Haha, I don't get mad for losing to a Metaknight, in fact, I blame myself for not being able to read his actions.

I think that Metaknight has an advantage over many characters.

Imagine this, if my Metaknight became as good as my Yoshi, and I somehow faught myself, chances are my Metaside would win. No, not because Metaknight is cheap, he just has the advantage. Since I am as good as myself, there is no comparing skill level because it's exactly the same, so then the only single factor that differs is the character we(I) use. And because Meta has more "umph" than Yoshi, and since both sides are equal in SL, Metaknight's extra "umph" would push the balance towards my Metaside.

lol confusing?
This got me thinking.
I think that Brawl has "tripping" because when you trip, it's pure luck, it's not determined by how good you are, or your advantage. So in theory, tripping isn't so bad, if the above situation happened, and my Metaself tripped, that "luck" would throw off Meta's "umph", and Yoshi would have an advantage, even for just a second. And we all know a second is all it takes to turn an entire match around.

Again, it is late, and I may just be babbling from exhaustion, don't mind me if this doesn't make sense. lol
What the hell? You sound like an old man with the UMPH!
Post  by Sponsored content

Your view on MK?

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members' Area :: Personal Blogs-
Jump to: